The Fringe Mount Gambier Core Planning Team is closely monitoring updates from the Australian Government Department of Health.
As of March 17th all Fringe Mount Gambier events have been cancelled.
It’s always a good idea to keep informed, so if you’d like to know more about COVID-19 or novel coronavirus, head to health.gov.au or call the Australian Government Department of Health Coronavirus Information Line on 1800 020 080
Advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee as follows;
“As of 8th March 2020, the AHPPC advises that the risk to the general Australian population from COVID-19 is low… At this time the AHPPC considers that public events should proceed, but strongly recommend that people that are unwell with cough or fever or other respiratory symptoms should not attend public events or gatherings. This is particularly so for people who have recently traveled from overseas.”*
We urge everyone to stay safe, and for the health of the community follow these simple steps;
- Stay home when you are sick, except to seek medical care.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 10 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Frequently clean touched surfaces and objects with single-use cloth (e.g. paper towel) and disinfectant.
*This information is subject to change as new information and advice from local authorities become available.